We live in a world of constant strife over the theft of cultures, land, and resources. The struggle for power seems to put people into two categories–the takers and the taken.
On this episode of Square Biz by Axiom Amnesia, Heit & Cheri examples of this phenomenon via the current state of affairs in the Iraqi humanitarian crisis.
Listen To Square Biz Now!
Help to spread independent thinking and donate $5 now!
- Discussion about the humanitarian crisis in Iraq, in which the U.S. has begun bombing ISIS targets and dropping food for the Yazidi community–the people driven out of their homes by the group.
CAMP PENDLETON, Calif. (AP) — Another 130 U.S. troops arrived in Iraq on Tuesday on what the Pentagon described as a temporary mission to assess the scope of the humanitarian crisis facing thousands of displaced Iraqi civilians trapped on Sinjar Mountain and evaluate options for getting them out to safety.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced the deployment in remarks to Marines at this Southern California base on the final stop of a weeklong, around-the-world trip that also took him to India, Germany and Australia.
“This is not a combat boots on the ground kind of operation,” Hagel said. “We’re not going back into Iraq in any of the same combat mission dimensions that we once were in in Iraq,” he added, referring to the eight-year war that cost more than 4,400 U.S. lives and soured the American public on military involvement in Iraq.
Source: US News
- Discussion about the history of the U.S.’s interference in Iraq.
- Discussion about what should be done in Iraq–do we owe the Iraquis help. And, if so, what does “help” mean?
- What level of responsibility do the people of the U.S. have for what has happened in Iraq–given that the mess in Iraq is the result of the U.S.’s invasion of the country.
- Discussion about Heit & Cheri’s acquaintance from Iraq, and the view he gives of life in that country.
- Heit & Cheri believe the U.S. will probably put boots on the ground in Iraq– the “advisers” are already there!
- The U.S intervened in Iraq, but not Syria. Why?
If you like what we do on Square Biz by Axiom Amnesia, please consider making a donation to us directly or by purchasing Heit & Cheri’s album “Improper Conduct.”
Make a one-time donation
Make a one-time donation of as little as $1 below: